I personally believe there aren't enough humorous biometric blogs around, so I thought I'd go first. Really, who said you can't have humor while talking about security? Okay yeah, airport security sure, but name another one!!
Anyways, if you saw Dave Letterman last night you can skip this post. This was his Top 10 list - Top 10 Ways to Improve the Department of Homeland Security:
- Instruct airport screeners to hit everyone in the nuts.
- Find a replacement for Tom Ridge that's even Ridgier.
- Institute a 'books for bombs' program.
- Make border crossing employees intimidating locked-out NHL players.
- Anyone who phones in a tip about a terrorist plot gets a free Sirius satellite radio.
- All foreign visitors to be outfitted with LoJack system.
- Maybe some area rugs and throw pillows?
- Get on Osama's good side by sending him a Christmas fruit basket by Harry & David.
- Come up with a cool catch phrase like 'you're fired!'.
- Instead of colors, assign each threat level a different flavor of Pringles.
Excuuuuse me if some of the wording isn't perfect - trying to type out the speed reading abilities of Dave without the help of a TiVo is a miracle on my part...
** The external links are to product pages for references that people outside of the US might not get... (but apparently Pringles are everyone so that one may be totally pointless...)